This article will let you know how to perform a network check on a FitMachine.
Conducting a network check will help you ensure your network is configured correctly and it is communicating with the MachineCloud.
- Please do not remove the FitMachine at any point in time.
- You will need to have the FitMachine Mobile App. Click here if you do not yet have the FitMachine Mobile App.
The steps for performing a network check are as follows:
- Sign into the FitMachine Onboarding App and make sure you have Bluetooth activated on your phone. You will need to sign in with an Admin account. Please contact your site admin or MOVUS Support to adjust your access rights if you are not an admin.
- Scan the MAC Address of the FitMachine in question using the FitMachine Onboarding App. A window will pop up asking if you’d like to View/Edit the device or continue scanning, press View / Edit. This will bring up the details of the device.
It’s also possible to select the FitMachine from the ‘My FitMachines’ list in the App. You will be able to connect to the FitMachine over Bluetooth if you can see the WiFi symbol on the right hand side of the entry.
- If the FitMachine is communicating with your phone over Bluetooth, you’ll be able to see the Firmware version, the WiFi network and the WiFi Status. Tap on the WiFi Status field to display the Network Check page.
If you can’t connect to the FitMachine, Force Close the app and try again. If this doesn’t work, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the MAC Address of the unit.Simply opening the network check page should run a Network Check, however if it doesn't, you have the option to re-run the check as shown in the images below.
If the WiFi signal strength is strong and the samples are making it through to the MachineCloud, the network check will look like this:
If the Network Check results in anything other than that in the ‘Successful Check’ image, for instance what can be seen in the image below, please contact MOVUS Support here.
These are the steps required to perform a Network Check. Thank you for reading!